Pomona Valley Tennis Cub will provide outstanding structured programming for children and adults. Emphasis will be placed on developing the skill, technique and sportsmanship necessary to achieve success. Students will have the opportunity to learn , improve and excel while having fun in a positive and friendly environment. Private, Semi-Private and Group lessons, as well as Round Robin Events, will be available.
Mark Fainblum, Level III Coach since 1997, is now the Director of Junior Development at Mayfair East Racquet and Fitness Club. Mark has over 23 years of tennis teaching experience in both Europe and Canada and is a Provincial Youth tennis center leader.
Mark grew up in Germany and that is where most of his tennis background is from. He is a former National and Provincial Champion with experience playing the satellite circuit in Europe. Since arriving in Canada in 1988, Mark has been an active participant in Canadian tennis, starting as a teaching pro at the All Canadian Tennis Academy and the Richmond Hill Country Club where Mark ran tennis camps, adult camps, various clinics and private lessons.
As of 1995, Mark has been teaching at the Mayfair East Racquet and Fitness club, where Mark developed the Junior Elite program, one of the most successful junior programs in Canada as recognized by the achievement award he received for - Racquet Director of the year - from International Health Racquet and Sport Club Association.
Mark has been instrumental in developing many of Ontario's and Canada's top juniors. He has also helped a lot of adults excel at their tennis game and help grow the game at Mayfair. Mark is presently working with all levels of players, from beginners to highly advanced and is still an avid tennis player himself.
Level III Certified, Tennis Canada - 1997
• Provincial Youth Tennis center Leader
• Over 23 years of teaching experience in both Europe and Canada
• Received International Achievement Award – "Racquet Director of the Year " from International Health Racquet and Sport Club Association
• Former National Champion
• Played the Pro Tour in Europe
• Has been instrumental in developing many of Ontario's and Canada's top juniors
• Presently working with all levels of players, adult or junior
• Understands coaching from a parents perspective both his kids are nationally top players